A solid and proven technology
Ever since their first introduction in the 1970s, membrane switches have formed the basis for solid, reliable and cost-effective user interfaces for all kinds of applications. Known for their robustness and resistance to heavy weather conditions and pollution, they are highly recommended for outdoor applications, industrial environments and heavy-duty work. But they are also a perfect fit for medical equipment or communication devices, as they are easily adaptable to new technologies.
“Solid and reliable user interfaces for any type of environment.”
Membrane keypads and switches
Membrane switches have always been the technology of choice for heavy-duty environments that require a high level of robustness. Membrane keypads can be made perfectly dust and watertight and resistant to chemicals and other forms of pollution, which make them ideally suited for outdoor and industrial environments. Membrane switch keypads are also easy to clean, enabling maximum hygiene for medical and pharmaceutical applications such as hospitals and cleanrooms. This does not mean, however, that membrane switches cannot look the part. The possibilities are endless! As a membrane switch manufacturer, Quad Industries offers a wide range of high-quality finishing options, including soft-touch keypads or a brushed steel look.
Membrane touch switches: versatile and future-proof
Although membrane switches have been around for many years, they have proven to be very versatile and easily adaptable to new technology. As a membrane switch and keypad manufacturer, Quad Industries offers a wide range of modern features. This includes wireless connection via printed NFC, BLE or WiFi antennas, seamless integration of capacitive touch sensing and visual feedback for users through the integration of LEDs and or electroluminescence.
Typical applications of membrane switches
- Medical devices
- Laboratory equipment
- Fitness equipment
- Industrial machine
Want to know more about our membrane keypads and switches?
Quad industries offers a fully customized solution in the process of developing membrane keypads and switches. From R&D to engineering and from prototyping to cost-efficient manufacturing. Do you want to know more about the solutions for your products? Get in touch by filling out our contact form.
A fully customized solution
- Both tactile and non-tactile membrane switch keypads in a range of forces
- Dust & watertight (up to IP67)
- Membrane keypads that are resistant to scratches and chemicals
- Integration of LED or EL (electroluminescence) backlighting
- Screen-printed circuits on plastic films
- Flex, flex-rigid or rigid PCB
- Soft membrane touch switch for smooth, luxury tactile feeling
- Silicone membrane keypads for more variation in key-heights
and decoration finishes
- Film embossing for more variation in tactile feeling of the keys
- Membrane switches with a brushed steel look
- Electromagnetic (EMC) or electrostatic discharge (ESD) shielding
- Capacitive touch sensing – sliders, keys, screens
- Wireless connectivity and sensors – NFC, BLE, WIFI
- Back Panels and enclosures in metal or plastic
10 benefits of membrane switches
Efficient and Fatigue-free Bronchial Drainage Founded in 2012 by Adrien Mithalal, PhysioAssist designs and manufactures medical devices and their accessories for bronchial drainage, the technology is called "SIMEOX". PhysioAssist is a SME composed of experienced...